Rocket City Blood Bowl Tournament
October 14 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pm$35
Have you ever watched a football game and thought, “You know what would make this better? Orcs and Lizardmen!” Well do we have the game for you!! Blood Bowl is a fast-paced miniatures game based on football, but played by fantasy creatures. Get your best team and battle it out on the field.
- $30.00 for existing NAF coaches
- $35.00 for non-NAF coaches (registration + gift)
- $10.00 for add-on Official RCBB Dice Sets with choice of D6 design
Schedule: 2-hour 15-minute rounds
- 10:00 am – Registration Starts
- 10:30 am – Registration Ends
- 10:30 am – 12:45 pm Round 1 (Random)
- 12:45 pm – 1:45 pm Lunch
- 1:45 pm – 4:00 pm Round 2 (Swiss)
- 4:00 pm – 4:15 pm Break
- 4:15 pm – 6:30 pm Round 3 (Swiss)
- 6:45 pm – Awards Ceremony
THINGS TO BRING
- Your Numbered Blood Bowl Team
- Painting is required for this event, to a ‘battle ready (GW)’ or 3-color minimum
- Copy of the BB2020 ruleset and any books applicable to your team: Spike Journals/etc.
- 3 copies of your team roster (1 for you, 1 for your opponent, and 1 for the tournament organizer) (Make sure the player numbers on the roster correspond to those on the players)
- Dice (Block, D6’s, D8, D16, etc.)
- You must use the supplied D6s for the event
- GW, NAF, and Baron of Dice block dice are approved, other block dice require TO approval
WHAT YOU GET:
- Three rounds of Blood Bowl
- VOODOO Tournament Series 2023 points
- Tournament Swag
- 2 Custom Event D6’s (Courtesy of Baron of Dice)
- 1 Event Patch
- 1 Event Hard Enamel Pin
- 2 ‘Lycanthropy’ Markers
- Halloween Treats
- Opportunity to win Event Awards (Each player can only win 1):
- Most Tournament Points (Champion)
- Most Violence Inflicted (Most casualties caused, including crowd surfs and fouls)
- Most Passes Completed
- Most Touchdowns Scored
- Most Stubborn (Wooden Spoon)
- BB2020 rules, supplementary rules (Spike Journals), Teams of Legend, and Historic Teams (ie. Slann) will be used.
- Post-match sequences will be ignored
- Illegal procedures will not be called
- Player injuries and casualties reset after each game (Resurrection Rules)
- 2-hour 15-minute round time-limits will be enforced
- Overtime will not be played
- This event, in celebration of the Bad Moon and All Hallow’s Eve, will use the Lycanthropy mechanic, detailed below
- With the Bad Moon high in the sky, players find themselves giving in to their more feral natures, sprouting tails, fur, and claws.
- At the beginning of each round players will roll a d16 to randomly select a player to be suffering from Lycanthropy. This player gains the skills Frenzy (unless they have the Grab skill or otherwise cannot gain the skill Frenzy) and Claws (unless they already have the skill Claws). If the player already has both Frenzy and Claws, then reroll the d16 because that player is wild enough already.
- When they break armor during a block action, the player whose armor they broke gains Lycanthropy, and the blocking player loses Lycanthropy. No team can have more than 2 players on their roster under the effects of Lycanthropy at one time, and if a player with Lycanthropy breaks the armor of another player with Lycanthropy, nothing happens and both players retain the effects of Lycanthropy.
- You will have 1,200,000 gold to build your team; these funds can be used for players and inducements
- Your team must have a minimum of 11 players before purchasing star players
- Highlander rule for Star Players will be used (meaning if both teams field the same star player – they were both cheated, and neither get to use them!)
- Star Players cost 12 SPP to hire, in addition to their gold cost
- Griff Oberwald, Hakflem Skuttlespike, and Morg ‘n’ Thorg are afraid of the big bad wolf and will not be attending this event. (They’re banned).
Family and kid friendly atmosphere. No tobacco or vape products, no alcohol, no profanity or graphic language. Kid’s play area open.
We have snacks and cold drinks for sale but you are welcome to bring in outside food.